Monday, October 17, 2005

I decided to run before I decided not to run...

Senator Hillary Clinton slipped up and said Friday that she is running in 2008:

Asked on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" - "So you are preparing for 2008?" - Clinton responding without thinking: "I am."

Recognizing the mega-gaffe immediately, the former first lady sought to amend her comments.

"No, no, no," she stammered to DeGeneres. "I am preparing for 2006."


Thank goodness for this fuel for the fire that Jeanine Pirro has just received. She should use this in the manner of "my opponent has stated that she plans to run for President and not fulfill her Senatorial duties." Too bad the press will not jump on this and force Senator Clinton to clarify this. They will just accept that she slipped up probably without actually asking her to give a real answer as to whether or not she will run.

P.S. - the answer is "Yes, I plan to run for President in 2008." It's that simple!

No comments: